Monday, April 21, 2014

2 months


Two months ago you left us. Your handwritten words on scraps of paper, your letters, your tablet, every corner of the house reminded me of you.

"Dad's neighbourhood"

11th April, Friday -- We visited your niche on your 49th day passing. I managed to grab some quiet moments with you. You know how much drama the family had been going through now without you – your mom & your daughter in law. Life simply overturned abruptly without your presence.

Pa, you are right. You once jokingly told us that we will suffer without you. We really are …

Hao Yang had been missing you a lot. He told me he wished he had a pair of wings so that he can fly to heaven to see if you are happy there. Ethan had been saying hello to you whenever he stares into the sky. Pa, all the efforts you spent on the kids, we are witnessing it now.

Many a times I tried to stay positive by thinking you are away travelling or you left us with a good cause. You did not want us to suffer because of you. But everytime I pass by any hospital or even an elderly man petite like you, all the painful memories will come flooding back. I try to deny those pain by keeping myself busy but obviously it is hard to block.

No comments: